What My Baby is Grateful for this Thanksgiving
I asked my 9-month-old daughter, Evie, what she’s thankful for this Thanksgiving. She clapped her hands, belched, then picked up her copy of Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See and started babbling:
What I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving
- Mommy’s boobs.
- A fresh, dry diaper…ahhh.
- The awesome orange monkey mirror hanging from my play mat gym.
- All-night sound machines – especially the White Noise setting.
- Avocado chunks that aren’t too slippery and just the right size to gum down.
- Pureed prunes — for when I have that no-so-regular feeling.
- Rubdowns from my nanny, who happens to be a trained massage therapist.
- Milk (see: Boobs.)
- The occasional glimpse of television — that screen is transfixing!
- Photos of my parents, which never fail to bring a huge smile to my face.
- The wind in my hair when Mommy and Daddy push me on the swing.
- Sneezing dogs – that s&%t is funny.
- Have I mentioned boobs?
Happy Thanksgiving, baby!
What do you think your baby would say she’s thankful for, if she could talk?