Recall Alert! PT Domusindo Perdana Drop-Side Cribs
The CPSC and PT Domusindo Perdana have issued a recall on the drop-side cribs due to a malfunction hazard. The drop-sides can detach or otherwise fail, causing part of the drop side to fall out of position. If an infant is caught in this position, they are at risk of rolling or getting entrapped in the device.
Here’s what you need to know:
The recall includes about 73,000 drop-side cribs and 14 different models. Here are the recalled model numbers and crib names:
1. 343-1509, Jenny Lind Crib
2. 343-3810, Christopher Crib
3. 343-5500, Early American Crib
4. 343-6771, Scottsdale Crib
5. 343-7100, Sleigh Crib without Rosette
6. 343-7134, Sleigh Crib
7. 343-7144, Anniversary Sleigh Crib
8. 343-7753, Kristin Crib
9. 343-8249, Cameron Crib
10. 343-8020, Solid Panel Sleigh Crib
11. 343-8070, Roll Bar Convertible Crib
12. 343-8155, Anniversary Convertible Sleigh Crib
13. 343-8200, Spindle Convertible Crib
14. 343-8913, Bella 3-in-1 Crib
To date, only three incidents have been reported involved a malfunctioning or detached rail, though no injuries were sustained.
If you have one of the 14 recalled drop-side cribs, you should stop using the product immediately. Consumers are asked to contact customer service at Modus Furniture International at (800) 827-2129 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or contact them online, to get a free immobilizer kit to keep the drop-side from moving. The kits are available in May of 2013. In the meantime, parents are encouraged to find an alternate, sleep space for the child.
The cribs have been sold at JCPenney.com and JCPenney catalog from January 1998 through December 2008. They retail for anywhere $200 and $400.
Want to make sure you don’t have any recalled baby gear at home? Read more of the latest baby product recalls.