5 Things You Need to Know About Prince George’s New Nanny
Prince George officially has a new nanny, and she sounds so awesome that it’s almost like Kate Middleton and Prince William found a modern-day Mary Poppins — short of having a magical bag.
Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo is now tasked with being Prince George’s permanent nanny (after former nanny Jessie Webb’s temporary help) so you may see pictures of her taking the future King of England out for a stroll now and then.
In the meantime, however, we’ve rounded up five things you need to know about Maria — including her handy martial arts abilities.
1. Maria is a native of Spain, and has been trained at Norland College, a special childcare training school in London where getting a degree takes three years.
2. Her training was so thorough that it included Tae Kwon-Do (to protect herself against kidnappers) and how to stunt-drive in the case of paparazzi on her tail or any weather condition.
3. Maria is reportedly in her mid-thirties and has worked for high-society families for over 20 years, according to the Daily Mail.
4. As far as Maria is concerned, Prince George is her job, boyfriend and husband rolled into one. Hello! reported that Maria is single and isn’t dating anyone, because her life is dedicated to the family she works for.
5. A Kensington Palace spokesman stated that Maria will be accompanying William and Kate on their upcoming tour of New Zealand and Australia. He added: “We will not be giving further details on Maria or her employment, except to say that the Duke and Duchess are of course delighted she has chosen to join them.”
More from The Bump: