Recall Alert! Evenflo Car Seats
Evenflo announced a voluntary recall on more than 1.3 million child safety seats after finding that seat buckles in certain models were faulty and could become stuck in a latched position, making it difficult to remove a child from the seat in the case of an emergency. Evenflo stated that this problem could be to due to exposure to various contaminants (like food and drinks), but there is no risk if the buckle is functioning normally.
Here’s what you need to know about the recall:
Evenflo’s recall includes buckles from these children’s convertible and booster seat models manufactured between 2011 and 2014.
- Momentum 65, Momentum 65 LX and Momentum 65 DLX, with model number prefix 385 and was manufactured between 3/4/2013 and 8/26/2013
- Chase, Chase LX and Chase Select, with model number prefix 306 and was manufactured between 6/12/2012 and 10/3/2013
- Chase LX and Chase DLX, with model number prefix 329 and was manufactured between 8/23/2011 through 3/3/2014
- Maestro and Maestro Performance, with model number prefix 310 and was manufactured between 8/22/2011 through 10/17/2013
- Symphony 65, Symphony 65 E3, Symphony LX, Symphony DLX and Snugli All-in-One, with model number prefix 345 or 356 and was manufactured between 10/2/2012 through 8/26/2013
- Titan 65 and SureRide DLX, with model number prefix 371 and was manufactured between 6/20/2012 through 10/17/2013
- Secure Kid LX, Secure Kid DLX, Secure Kid 100, Secure Kid 300, Secure Kid 400 and Snugli Booster, with model number prefix 308 and was manufactured between 12/13/2011 through 3/3/2014
Thankfully, there haven’t been any reports of injuries due to the recalled buckles.
What to do if you own any of the recalled products:
Evenflo is providing seat owners a free remedy kit that includes a replacement buckle and instructions for installing the new buckle, available by placing an order with Evenflo or calling (800) 490-7591. Do not return these convertible car seats and harnessed boosters to retailers. If you own a seat and are experiencing difficulty unlatching the buckle before your remedy kit arrives, cleaning the buckle should help.
Want to make sure you don’t have any recalled baby gear at home? Read more of the latest baby product recalls.