Recall Alert! J. Crew Baby Coveralls
J. Crew has recalled around 8,700 baby coveralls due to a choking hazard, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CPSC stated that the snaps on the coveralls can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. Although the company has received eight reports of snaps detaching, no injuries have been reported to date.
The coveralls were sold at J.Crew stores in New York and California, online at jcrew.com and the J.Crew catalog from October 2013 to March 2014 for about $30.
Here’s what you need to know about the recall:
The recall involves all styles of J. Crew Holiday 2013 and Spring 2014 baby coveralls in sizes newborn to 3T. They were sold in various colors and designs including prints and stripes. A care label sewn into the inside left seam of the garment reads either “HO’ 13” or “SP ’14,” and lists the PO number and style number.
The PO and style numbers included in the recall are:
- PO number: 5046152, Style # 05578, SP’14
- PO number: 5046153, Style #A3413, SP’14
- PO number: 5046154, Style #A3415, SP’14
- PO number: 5046155, Style #A3412, SP’14
- PO number: 5046156, Style #A3390, SP’14
- PO number: 5046157, Style #A3395, SP’14
- PO number: 5046158, Style #A3388, SP’14
- PO number: 8041216, Style #08664, HO’13
- PO number: 8041362, Style #08661, HO’13
What to do if you own any of the recalled products:
Immediately stop using the coveralls and contact J. Crew Group, Inc. for full refund by calling (800) 261-7422 or emailing email@example.com. If you purchased garments online, you will receive instructions for returning the coveralls. J.Crew is contacting consumers who bought the coveralls directly.
Want to make sure you don’t have any recalled baby gear at home? Read more of the latest baby product recalls.